Effective date: 12/12/2019
The Authentic Assistant (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://theauthenticassistant.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information/Data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit or access our Site/Service (“Log and Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
Like many sites and services, we use “cookies” and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our Service and hold certain information.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all “cookies” or to indicate when a “cookie” is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
“Session Cookies.” We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
“Preference Cookies.” We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
“Security Cookies.” We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
The Authentic Assistant uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the EU and choose to provide information to us, please note that we adhere to the EU Laws of privacy.
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
- We may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Authentic Assistant
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Under the GDPR and Data Protection Acts 1988-2018, we have a legal responsibility to:
- Obtain and process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- Keep it only for one or more specified and explicit lawful purpose(s);
- Process it only in ways compatible with the purpose of which it was given initially;
- Keep data accurate, relevant and not excessive;
- Retain it no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes;
- Keep personal data safe and secure.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
DATA SUBJECT’S RIGHTS
A data subject (“individual”) has the following rights under the GDPR and Data Protection Acts 1988-2018:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you.
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to erase/right “to be forgotten” – the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained but if you would like Us to delete It sooner, please contact Us.)
- The right to restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation.)
- The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to immediately remove that information from our servers.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Privacy Notice related to our website, please feel free to contact us